Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jacob's Nightly Routine

We hung out with Scott, Nikki and Jacob last Friday night. Boy, oh boy is Jacob one funny kid. He's quite smart, and with his big boy hair cut sometimes looks much older than his two years. He knew exactly what I meant when I asked him if he wanted to help me make dessert (which was soooo yummy. Thank you Bakeralla!) He was a fabulous assistant and helped dump all of the ingredients into the pan. He may or may not have "stolen" a couple pieces of peaches in the process, but thankfully we put our on twist on the recipe and added frozen blueberries to make up for it *smile. Jacob loves his fruit! Check out Nikki's post to watch and hear him counting the tablespoons (shhhh) of butter. I love his voice!While dessert was in the oven, Jacob served Uncle Tom and me some of his special "soup and rice." It was delicious! Honestly some of the best soup I've ever had. In addition to driving trucks and trains, playing football and reading books, Jacob has added cooking to his long list of talents and interests.
One...two...three THROW!
Look at that follow through stance...
And for his cool down, he just did a little downward facing dog action. Yoga is great for all ages, ya know.
Then it was off to change into his Thomas pj's and brush his teeth.
And then of course play with a firetruck, a.k.a. stalling.
And with a hug for Uncle Tom...
and a kiss for Aunt Sarah...
Jacob was off to sleepy land!

Oh, how I love that kid.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Sarah. We love that you guys live so close that you can join in Jacob's bedtime routine. :)

    ReplyDelete