As I sit and enjoy American Idol and Project Runway,
people are worried about their loved ones and friends.
As I reheat leftovers for dinner and have options for dessert,
people are going on day 2 and 3 with no food or water.
As I talk and laugh with my husband,
people with untreated injuries are crying out in pain and agony.
As I roll out of my warm bed of flannel and down,
people are still trapped under a layer of steel and concrete.
As I take a hot shower and get ready for the day,
people are wandering the streets sifting through dead bodies.
As I await the arrival of a friend's new baby,
mothers and fathers are holding their dying children.
Wearing a new sweater, enjoying my organic oatmeal,
having a roof over my head.
While others have only the clothes on their backs and
no place to call home.
Scared. Hurt. Devastated.
Hope. Heal. Restore.
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galations 6:2
---------
My heart is heavy for Ben and his wife and family, and I am incredibly sad for thousands of others who are in the same situation. Life without those closest to you is something I don't want to experience. I feel helpless in times like these...when all I can really do is offer prayers on their behalf. So I will do just that.
Photo from huffingtonpost.com
Great post, Sarah. I've been thinking about this for days. You have eloquently captured my heavy heart (as I am sure other readers) and given us more to reflect on. I will probably refer my readers to your post.
ReplyDelete