I went to Des Moines this past week for some much needed sister/nephews/friends time. It was wonderful, per usual. I only wish I could have seen even more friends and stayed for longer.
-------------
Do you all know how much I adore my sister, Becca? Well I do. For many reasons. One being her huge heart and nurturing personality. She is super fun, beautiful and so loving. Rarely does a day go by without us talking on the phone, emailing or texting. And now she's a mom - and a fabulous one at that. Who do you think is older? *smile. We get that question a lot and Becca always gets annoyed by it. (Answer: Becca by 3.5 years.)
One of my best friends, Celeste, drove a long distance (10 miles) to come hang out at the hotel! She's so kind *smile. Baby Weston warmed right up to her.
My brother Brent and two of my other nephews, Noah and Hayden, drove from Ames for some pool, hot tub and pizza fun.
And then we met up with Aubrie and Leslie for a drink at Cabaret Friday night. It was fun to hear their "new mom" stories (well, kind of...I was tired just listening to them.)
And then it was off to Jordan Creek to shop, shop, shop on Saturday. My sweet friends Deana and Jill met us for lunch at Panera...
Speaking of cute babies...
Leslie was kind enough to have all of us over for dinner Saturday night. These three were best friends in high school and all gave birth within the last 5 months. Life sure changes! Aubrie's daughter, Aaliyah, was born in October and Leslie's son, Bennett, was born in November. Big sister Addi was so excited about all the babies at her house!

Tara and Laney also stopped by to see everyone. Laney is not shy and kept all of us laughing.

Even though we were busy seeing lots of great friends and finding great deals, I still got ample Weston snuggles in. He smiles at almost anything Robert does and loves it when his mommy sings to him. He also loves his toes and has the cutest grin!

Let's look at that baby again.

Oh, what the hay, how 'bout one more time...
I am so thankful the Twin Cities are a quick 4 hr drive to Des Moines. Omaha (my sis) is a tad further but still drivable. My life would be complete to have all of these people living on the same block! Sigh.....until then, I'll continue enjoying my random road trips down to good 'ol DSM. My heart is full.
Oh my goodness...I'm so sad I missed out. But you had so many other friends and babies to visit with--you couldn't have missed us! Weston is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e. He is at such a fun stage...can't wait for Anna to grab her toes too.
ReplyDeleteWow! You were only 30 minutes away from me! I live in Newton. I went to Des Moines last Friday to the swimsuit shop, but that was it. So glad you had a good time. I can't remember...did you say you grew up in DesMoines?
ReplyDeleteJanelle - I grew up in Charles City, IA but went to school at ISU and have a lot of friends in the DSM area. I lived there for a year after graduation and then moved up here for the now hubby. I love DSM!
ReplyDelete